Narcissistic Mothers

Narcissistic mothers have always been with us. Different words have been used to describe them, but these non-mothers have been endangering and destroying their daughters for millennia.

Recovery


I spent years looking for recovery resources - indeed, I was doing this long before I knew about NPD. I thought I needed fixing, because that's what my narcissistic mother effectively told me. Now I know it's recovery I need, not fixing (and the same applies to you too). But the principle is the same - it's about getting over the old tapes and programming and living our best life.

I found terrific resources, and since setting up this website I have researched and reviewed still more recovery resources. And I have created some too, specifically to meet the needs of DONMs.

One of the most amazing resources I've found is that of EFT. EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique, and involves nothing more than gentle tapping on acupuncture points. This seemingly simple technique is awesome for removing trauma and limiting beliefs. And so, many of these Recovery Journey resources are based around EFT. (You can find out more about EFT here. And read testimonials about it here.)

The most powerful thing about these EFT resources is that they cause changes at a very deep level. They don't work on the rational cognitive level because that's no use to you; they work at the deep core level where the bad feelings and limiting beliefs live. So, for example, you can know rationally that she'll never change, but you need to come to know it in your very core before it is true for you. EFT does that for you.